Shorts & bathing suit season is here and it’s not too late to get in shape!
Use these 6 tips to help you get ready for those beach days:
- Calories: Be cautious of your calorie intake. The number one rule in losing weight is to burn more calories than you consume. Use a food journal to keep track of the calories you take in each day, as well as the calories you burn while exercising – and you’ll start to lose that stubborn belly fat.
- Cardio: There are two types of cardio: high-intensity & low-intensity. High-intensity cardio is more difficult but burns calories faster. Low-intensity cardio is more sustainable can will burn the same calories, but needs to be done for a longer period of time. Choose whichever fits your lifestyle the best. Remember, all that matters is the amount of calories you burn – not how you do it.
- Diet: A basic and easy meal plan consists of consuming lean protein (chicken, fish, beef), incorporating a lot of veggies, and some fruits. But, don’t forget healthy fats for snacks (almonds, hummus, avocado)!
- Vitamins & Shakes: Vitamins are an extremely important part of your daily intake. Include a daily multi-vitamin into your routine along with a delicious Hi5 Lean protein shake for a mid-day snack, or a pre/post workout session! It’s a healthy way to get the nutrients you need. Try one of our great Hi5 Lean recipes today!
- Exercise: Make it a goal to include a 20-30 minute workout into almost each and every day. Feel like you don’t have time to get to the gym? Try these ’10 At Home Exercises’ you can do at the comfort of your own home!
- Hydrate: Water, Water, Water! Time after time, studies have shown the importance of water. It helps curb your appetite, clear your skin, eliminate toxins, generate energy, and so much more. Ultimately, it helps promote weight loss. Not sure how much water you should be drinking?
Use this formula: Your current body weight divided in half = Number of ounces of water to consume each day.
Example (100 lbs/2 = 50 oz of water)
Getting in shape requires hard work, discipline, a good meal plan & a consistent work out plan. Use these 6 health tips to help you start your journey towards good health!