Do you have that one friend who has the ability to make you feel like a million bucks? That friend who no matter how upset you are, or how low you feel, they always find a way to lift you up and help you remember of all your blessings and all you have to offer? How do they do it? Well, it’s not necessarily what they say, but how they make you feel.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
This holds true in any relationship we have, whether in business or personal. In order to create a relationship, you need to have mutual respect for one another. It goes back to the “golden rule”, to always treat others the way you want to be treated. Because, in the end, people will never forget the way you have treated them and how you made them feel.
So, what does this mean to you, as a 5LINX Representative?
Someone shares with you that they have been experiencing medical issues, and due to the leave from work, they are now in a financial struggle and can’t pay their next medical bill.
What do you do next? HALT! Think before you speak, this is your opportunity to create a mutually beneficial relationship with someone who could potentially be your next customer or business partner. In any relationship, it’s important to create trust, a sense of mutual feeling that you have each other in the best interest. With respect and trust, you can build an unbreakable bond, and in the network marketing industry, trust is key.
So, how can you create a trustworthy relationship?
- Respect – Respect for one another is the core element to every relationship. You can show that you respect someone by focusing only on your current conversation with them and nothing else. When you are multi-tasking while listening, you are showing the person that their problem is not important to you.
- Listen – Truly listen to their problems with an open mind, both emotional and financial. Take the time to try understand the root of the problem and how you can help to be a part of the solution.
- Be Kind – Express to them that you care for their well-being and want help them Live a Better Life, in every aspect. Let them know that you are committed to help in any way that you can.
- Be Understanding – Don’t judge. Instead show them how to turn things around and offer them a few possible solutions. The more you work at having an open mind, the better team member and leader you will be!
- Be Helpful – Evaluate & determine whether or not a 5LINX product or the 5LINX opportunity can help them in their situation. If not, you are still building trust with someone who could be your business partner or customer in the future.